Friday, November 30, 2012

Foodie Pen Pals - November 2012

I'm gonna say it again - I love Foodie Pen Pals.  This month, I sent a box to Diana, author of dianapantz (a great vegan/healthy lifestyle blog) and The 3-Day A Week Vegan.  This was the first time I've been paired with a vegan, so I had to make a few adjustments to what I normally send.  It was really fun finding new things to send!  I received a fantastic package from Katie of If I Knew You Were Coming, I'd Have Baked A Cake.

For Diana's package, I made vegan chocolate chip cookies using my regular recipe, but with vegan chocolate chips, vegetable shortening instead of butter, and cornstarch+water instead of eggs.  I also sent my mom's homemade raspberry preserves, Buckwheat honey from Hunter's Honey Farm, Amish microwave popcorn (no butter), gluten-free peanut brittle from Frittle Candy, and a Chai tea sampler from Teapots n Treasures, a cute little shop right off of the Circle in downtown Indy.


From Katie, I received two boxes of black tea (my favorite): chai spice and orange spice, Dutch Cocoa Somersaults, which are a delicious sunflower seed snack, and HOMEMADE chocolate chip cookies!!!!  As you know, I love getting homemade food from FPPs, so this was obviously my favorite.  They are so good (I'm totally not sharing!).






Fantastic box - fantastic FPPs - fantastic Thanksgiving month!

Always,
BeccaBot

No comments:

Post a Comment